As Fall winter slowly creeps in around us (while some places are completely snowed in, people in few other cities/ countries are slowly pulling out the woollies from the wardrobe), it’s time for some warm Soups and stews.
Here’s a list of my top 21 favourite soups (yes, we are a Soup loving family, so there’s always a new soup around the corner).
All of them are vegetarian and to a large extent vegan and GF too !
Few things common about ALL these soups are :
– they are healthy, nutritious with no additives / colouring added
– you can use this 15-min Homemade Vegetable Stock as a base for all soups
– works as a great appetiser, and in some cases, an entire meal by itself
– they are homemade from scratch.
– no artificial thickeners used
– are hearty and filling
– great for kids and adults alike (with customisation)
– made with everyday kitchen staples (no fancy equipment / ingredients)
– works great as a winter warmer
– always uses seasonal, local produce
I hope you as a soup lover (or still experimenting) in the kitchen, you will love these … please do leave a line in the comment section below on which soup you loved most, and what vegetarian soup would you like to see on this blog..
Let’s get soup(ing) (In Alphabetic Order)
|Baked Potato and Chickpea Soup|
|Bottlegourd (Calabash / Lauki) soup with caramelised onions|
|Caldo Verde (Portuguese Potato-Greens soup)|
|Carrot Lentil Soup|
|Cheddar and Burnt Garlic Cauliflower soup|
|Corn and Spinach Soup|
|Cream of Cauliflower Soup|
|Curried Cauliflower – Lentil Soup (GF)|
|Ginger-spiced Carrot Soup (vegan, GF)|
|Grilled Tomato Gazpacho|
|Laxanosoupa (Greek Cabbage Soup) – Vegan + GF|
|Lemon Coriander Soup (Low cal Clear soup)|
|Matar ka Shorba (Cream of Peas Soup)|
|Oven Roasted Vegetable Soup|
|Pegan Cauliflower-Broccoli Soup (what is Pegan, you ask?)|
|Quinoa Minestrone Soup|
|Veg Manchow Soup|