Check out the Blogging Marathoners doingBM#5along with me
Gobhi Masalais a versatile side dish that lends itself to Rotis and Rice equally as a quick-to-make and tasty accompaniment. Its optional to add boiled and cubed potatoes to this dish and make it Aloo-Gobhi (potato – Cauliflower curry). Sending this to Day 5 of Blogging Marathon
Preparation time : 10 mins. Cooking time: 10 mins. Serves: 2
· Cauliflower – broken into florets – 1 cup
· Onions – 1 large – sliced thin (lengthwise)
· Tomato – 1 large (ripe) – deseeded into strips
· Oil- 1 tbsp
· Turmeric / Haldi – 1 tsp
· Jeera / Cumin – 1 tsp
· Green chillies -1 or 2
· Red Chilly powder – ½ tsp
· Garam Masala – 1 tsp
· Salt – to taste
· Coriander and curry leaves – chopped
1) Blanch the florets in salted turmeric water for 5 – 6 mins. Drain
2) Meanwhile, heat oil. Splutter cumin , curry leaves and green chillies.
3) Add onions and fry till slightly browned
4) Now add the tomatoes, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and additional salt (if reqd). Fry well till tomatoes turn mashy
5) Now add the blanched and drained cauliflower . Stir lightly. Cover and cook for 5 -6 mins more.
6) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot !
Curry in a hurry under 30 min:Cool Lassi(e),Harini,Kalyani,Priya Mahadevan,SumaSeven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid’s Special:Priya Suresh,Veena,
Seven Days of Indian Sweets:Shylaja,Srivalli
Seven Days of Regional Specials:Priya Yallapantula
Under 15 mins Quick Breakfast:Aarthi,Vaishali