The light salad is sure to be a hit in your home too. Tell me what kind of salads do you love ?
Prep time - 15 mins | cook time - 10 mins | Serves : 4
To make :
- Red ripe apples - 1 large
- Broccoli - about 1 cup (medium large florets)
- Any other fruits or veggies - raw onions, green and red peppers, cherry tomatoes, orange segments, cucumbers, green grapes (your choice)
- Lettuce greens - a handful
- Microwaved spiced nuts - a handful (optional)
Dressing - salt, honey, lemon juice,apple cider vinegar, red chilli flakes, black pepper crushed, white pepper powder (adjust to taste, therefore haven't given any quantity)
How to make:
- Whisk the dressing well and refrigerate. Chop all other veggies, fruits and apples (with skin on) and chill well for 15-30 mins .
- Reserve torn lettuce leaves in a bowl of ice water for it remain crispy.
- Blanch broccoli with a pinch of salt and drain. Chill.
- Mix broccoli and fruits and veggies. Add in the dressing and mix well.
- Pat dry the lettuce leaves and plate it. And place the required portion of the salad upon it. Drizzle any more dressing if required. Top with nuts if using and serve immediately.
Sending this to Blogging Marathon under "Movie Night eats" theme.