Saw this rather interesting Salsa / dip at a Medical Practitioners website and noticed that most of the recipes didn’t contain any fat / oil and worked on the basis of vegetables releasing their own liquid and that helped in cooking. I tried a few recipes from that website, and this is one we loved a lot.
Pair it up with pretty much anything from crudités to nachos to wafers or even chapati / tortillas. Its vegan, Gluten Free and fat free – couldn’t ask for more, isnt it?
Tomato Mint Coriander Chutney (Salsa) – Vegan, Gluten Free & Fat free
Source : here
What you need:
- 3 cups fresh coriander (cilantro), washed and de-stemmed
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, washed and de-stemmed
- 4 dark green chilies (I used mild variety)
- 5 grams ginger (about 1 tsp)
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste (Approx 1/2 tsp)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- water – approx 1/4 cup (use if needed)
- black salt
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion – didn’t use
- 2 cloves of garlic – didn’t use
How to make:
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend them to make chutney.
- You might have to stop a few times to push the ingredients down towards the blades. Add a little water if required. Squeeze lemon at the end and mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze.
This goes to BM # 72 under Dips / Chutneys