Mocktails & brothy soups in my family is usually the prerogative of hubby – he can whip up the most amazing of mocktails and healthy soups with whatever ingredients – my kid still swears by his cucumber soup (the ‘secret’ ingredients which he is yet to reveal). I guess like most men who love to cook, S never has any fixed quantity in his ingredient list – he always says one needs to understand how a particular ingredient functions, and use it accordinly to pep up or tone down a dish 🙂 Sounds simple, isnt it ? Even more simpler and tastier is today’s post – Sugarfree Fruit ginger mocktail. Come to think of it, I hadn’t posted a single drink / cooler / mocktail in my blog yet, and both the Blogging Marathon and Blog Hop Wednesdays (which coincide today) helped me devise one .. This is based on thisrecipeby Prathima (my paired blogger), although I have tweaked the recipe quite a bit. So, after the super healthy Fruit Chaatfrom yesterday, this is the 2nd day’s post for No Fire Cooking theme .. Also sending it to Radhika’s Healthy Breakfast event
Here comes the recipe…
Prep time : 10 mins. Serves : 2
- Sweet Lime /. Mosambi – 2 nos.
- Apples – 1 no (large)
- Ripe Pears (yellow variety) – 1 no.
- Papaya – 1/8 cup (opt.)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Crushed Ice – 1/2 cup
- White pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Honey – 2 tsp (opt.)
1) Soak saffron strands in 1/4 tsp warm milk or water for few mins.
2) Wash, peel and dice all fruits.
3) Puree the fruits with crushed ice & ginger till they are almost done.
4) Now add the saffron, honey and more water as required and puree once more
5) Strain and add white pepper powder, chaat masala. Mix well.
6) Serve in tall chilled glasses and enjoy the goodness of a sugar free mocktail 🙂