With the summer here, kiddo’s school hours leaves her exhausted and tired, and she often craves for something cool at the end of the day. We all love our milkshakes dont we ? So, presented here is a quick snack in a different form – as a milkshake. This isnt too much of a recipe, per se. But for kids, you may add in any other fruits / ice creams as you wish.
I am personally not in favour of mixing fruits with any dairy product (milk or curd) as Ayurveda prohibits mixing the two types of foods with Vata and Kapha . But with kids, you need a little leverage to make them eat healthy food, and may be once in a while indulgence is ok 🙂 To make it more healthy for older kids, add a handful of Roasted Oats to make it a complete meal..
Sending this toBM # 14, my event Holi Fest Colourful Palette, Rasya’sI am the star, Shobha’sJust for Fun, Rujuta’s Kids Delight & my eventKitchen Chronicles – Summer Splash hosted by Sangeetha. Check out my fellow marathoner’shere.
Prep time – 10 mins. No cook
Serves – 2
- Strawberry – pitted and cleaned – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 TBSP
- Milk – 2 cups (I used low fat)
- Cream – 1 TBSP
- Choco chips – a handful
- Ice cubes / Crushed ice – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – few
1) Clean and pit strawberries. Blend them with milk,sugar & almonds. Add more sugar if you feel the strawberries are sour.
2) Strain the milkshake. Add in chocochips, cream and crushed ice.
3) Mix well and serve immediately topped with chocochips 🙂