Its amazing how a simple Pizza dough can give rise to so many yeasted breads– in as many forms and shapes. While I am yet to post the basic Pizza dough / Bread dough, this is one take on it . Flavour and topping courtesy are the dear Husband who,although isnt into too much (read any) bread,he does like an occassional Focaccia / Turkish Pide / Pizza on a lazy weekend brunch.
Today’s bread is quite simple, and as I mentioned in my post on the Baked Karela Chips, I am quite drawn to the oven often than I thought, and always have a small batch of processed dough (pizza dough thats risen once or twice) in my freezer. Today was one such experiment which we all rather liked…Goes very well with a bowl of warm Carrot – Tomato soup…
So, if you are keen on a weekday / weekend Lunch or dinner with bread and soup for this #Xmas or #Newyear2016, do try this out and let me know how you liked it..While this goes to Day 10 of Bakeathon.
Prep time : 15 mins | Rise / Standing time : 90 mins + 25 mins | Baking time : 25 mins
Makes : 1 loaf
- Bread flour – 2 cups
- Instant Yeast – 1 pkt (7 gms)
- Warm water – 1/2 cup + 3 TBSP (or as required)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Oil – 3 TBSP (2 TBSP+ 1 TBSP – divided use)
- Honey – 1 TBSP (omit if vegan)
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Sesame – 1 TBSP – for topping
- In a stand mixer, mix all ingredients except sesame and knead to a smooth pliable dough. If kneading by hand, add as little or more water as required. It took me 8-9 mins to knead with my #Kitchenaid Stand mixer.
- Shape the dough, and place covered in a greased bowl for 90-120 mins to double.
- Once risen, punch the dough lightly, divide into 12 equal portions. and with slightly greased hands, make them into small roundels
- Grease your bundt pan (I used a silicon quick release pan, so didnt grease), place these small roundels in two layers, lightly brush with 1/2 tsp oil (which was remaining) and top with roasted sesame.
- Cover and let it rise for further 30 – 45 mins till fluffy.
- Towards the end of the 2nd rise, preheat oven to 180 C.
- Bake the bundt bread for 23-27 mins till bread is baked, and the tops get a golden top.
- Cool on wire rack, unmould and serve warm or at room temperature as it is or with any soup.
This is part of the