Chocolate is everyone’s favourite and my fav brand is Lindt. Of late, I have started enjoying an occassional piece of dark chocolate too – Lindt’s dark Choco-Ginger and dark choco-orange are my personal favourites :))
Well, before you stop to think if this is a paid advert of Lindt, let me stop and say that this month here at Sizzling Tastebuds, we are gonna see some very delectable chocolate dishes that are part of my Kids Delight event hosting + GIVEAWAY!! See this link for more details and add in your recipes to qualify for the surprise prize 🙂
Be sure to use #KidsDelightChocoGiveaway in all your entries and also link to this link as well as Valli’s announcement to qualify
Today we see a super quick to make yet utterly nutty and tasty Pistachio rolled Chocolate Truffles. A single bowl dish (remember easy clean up) , a few ingredients and its totally a kid’s delight.. pop a two (or few) as a mid morning/ noon snack or pack them in your kid’s snack box for them to munch on at school . I bet you would need to triple this recipe, for they disappear very soon !
Lets see how to make them…
Prep time : 10 mins, rest time : 15 mins ; cook / roll time : 10 mins ; yields : 18-20
- Semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s) – 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk (use sugarfree if you prefer) – 1/4 cup
- Almond powder / Almond meal – 1/2 cup
- cocoa powder – 1 TBSP (I used dutch processed)
- powdered sugar – 3 TBSP (skip if using sweetened condensed milk)
- Butter – 1 TBSP (omit if preferred)
- Vanilla essence – 1/8 tsp
- Roasted pistachios – powdered / crushed coarsely – 1/4 cup
- Melt chocochips and butter over a double boiler or in a microwave with short spurts. Let it cool slightly. Tip in the rest of the ingredients except essence and mix well with a spatula. You need to get the consistency of a thickish dough
- Now add the essence and knead lightly with your fingertips for 1/2 min. We dont want to melt the chocolate further from the warmth of the hand.
- Rest the dough covered in the freezer for 8-9 mins (you can make them immediately too but when the dough is rested, the truffles firm up better)
- With an ice cream scoop / round spoon, pinch out small truffles and smoothen the balls.
- Roll them in crushed pistachio and serve immediately in cupcake liners.
- If not serving them, refrigerate till serving.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#61
Very interesting truffles.
Bookmarked. They make a delectable treat.
Pistachios are highlighting the truffles , look tempting !
I love all truffles and these seem to be so quick to fix!
yummy truffles. Love that pistachio cover.
Beautiful truffles. I think pistachios add a nice crunch to the soft truffles.
Nuts and chocolate is alway a hit pair looks so tempting ….
Such delectable truffles!! Lindt is may favorite as well.
Such a tempting and delicious looking truffles Kalyani.
How sinful do these look! Love the idea of crusting it with pistachios.
Damn cute looking truffles, feel like gobbing some now.
Truffles looks so addictive.Nice one for the chocolate series.