Chocolate is everyone’s favourite and my fav brand is Lindt. Of late, I have started enjoying an occassional piece of dark chocolate too – Lindt’s dark Choco-Ginger and dark choco-orange are my personal favourites :))
Well, before you stop to think if this is a paid advert of Lindt, let me stop and say that this month here at Sizzling Tastebuds, we are gonna see some very delectable chocolate dishes that are part of my Kids Delight event hosting + GIVEAWAY!! See this link for more details and add in your recipes to qualify for the surprise prize 🙂
Today we see a super quick to make yet utterly nutty and tasty Pistachio rolled Chocolate Truffles. A single bowl dish (remember easy clean up) , a few ingredients and its totally a kid’s delight.. pop a two (or few) as a mid morning/ noon snack or pack them in your kid’s snack box for them to munch on at school . I bet you would need to triple this recipe, for they disappear very soon !
Lets see how to make them…
Prep time : 10 mins, rest time : 15 mins ; cook / roll time : 10 mins ; yields : 18-20
- Semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s) – 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk (use sugarfree if you prefer) – 1/4 cup
- Almond powder / Almond meal – 1/2 cup
- cocoa powder – 1 TBSP (I used dutch processed)
- powdered sugar – 3 TBSP (skip if using sweetened condensed milk)
- Butter – 1 TBSP (omit if preferred)
- Vanilla essence – 1/8 tsp
- Roasted pistachios – powdered / crushed coarsely – 1/4 cup
- Melt chocochips and butter over a double boiler or in a microwave with short spurts. Let it cool slightly. Tip in the rest of the ingredients except essence and mix well with a spatula. You need to get the consistency of a thickish dough
- Now add the essence and knead lightly with your fingertips for 1/2 min. We dont want to melt the chocolate further from the warmth of the hand.
- Rest the dough covered in the freezer for 8-9 mins (you can make them immediately too but when the dough is rested, the truffles firm up better)
- With an ice cream scoop / round spoon, pinch out small truffles and smoothen the balls.
- Roll them in crushed pistachio and serve immediately in cupcake liners.
- If not serving them, refrigerate till serving.