The importance of a soluble fibre like Oats is understated in today’s age. Oats is great for diabetics and is versatile to adapt into Indian dishes as well.
This is again a one-pot meal (and made for just myself) as I wanted to be sure that the kids would love it as much as I did. I had previously cooked Lauki dal (with tempering intact) so, that reduced the cook time drastically.
Either way, it doesn’t take more than 15 mins to put together this rather yummy khichdi Goes great with a simple boondi raita / onion – cucumber raita for lunch / brunch on hot summery days like these 🙂
Prep time: 15 mins, cook time – 10 mins, Serves – 1
What you need:
- Cooked Lauki Moong dal (you can simply soak and cook 1/4 cup of plain yellow moong dal for 1 whistle) – 1/2 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup – I used plain rolled oats
- Salt – to taste
- Homemade Sambhar powder – 1 TBSP
- Any veggies – carrots / beans / peas – about 1/4 cup – I used 1 medium tomato and 1/2 cup of broccoli
- Garam Masala – 1/2 TBSP
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Tempering : Cumin seeds, chopped green chillies (2), diced ginger 1/2 inch
Check out the embedded youtube video for the detailed recipe and instructions on how to make this healthy One Pot Meal