Need a super healthy, iron and calcium rich, quick to make dish?
Look no further.Presenting Katrikkai Pachadi (Eggplant Raitha / Baingan Raitha). This is one of our family’s favourite and goes great with Vangibhath or even hot rice /pulav / Most one Pot meals.. I am presenting my mom’s version here. Hope you would also like it .Only important point to note is that use firm brinjals, especially one with very less seeds.
This is an excellent side dish for Milagu Kozhambu + Rice combo (Rice with Pepper Tangy curry).
Other Raithas you can may like:
- Pineapple Raita
- Pudina Curd Raitha
- Doddapatre Tambli (Raita with Karpuravalli / Mexican Mint a.k.a Indian Borage)
- Ashgourd Raitha
- Alu Raitha / Potato Raitha
- Palak ke Raita (spinach in curd sauce)
- Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi(Okra Raita)
- Mooli Raita (Radish Raita)
- Cucumber-Ginger Raita
PIN FOR LATER
Prep time : 10 mins. Cooking time : 15 mins. Serves : 3
- Firm brinjals (round variety – purple) – 4 nos (medium sized) or 1 no – very large
- Thick slightly sour curd / yoghurt – 250 ml (TIP: use any plant based yoghurt for a vegan version)
- Grated Coconut – 2 TBSP (optional)
- Salt – to taste
See the video below for the method. Do leave your valuable comments on the video as well.
LINK FOR VIDEO – https://bit.ly/35cQ0Nl
Updating this post as part of #Foodies_RedoingOldPost Group where we revisit old posts with new pictures and text.