So, thought of posting this too (for posterity). My elder one isn’t fond of cheese n chutney sandwiches, but after this was made, she said for the next two days, her snack break is gonna be just that :-))
Amma and me liked it too. Not too spicy, yet delicious.
Do try it out n let me know how you liked it :-))
Prep time : 10 mins ; no cook ; makes : about 100 gms
Keeps well under refrigeration for upto 15/20 days
- sorted and cleaned Fresh Coriander – 1 large bunch (about 1.5 cups, tightly packed)
- Roasted deskinned Peanuts – 1/2 cup (I used the unsalted variety)
- Green chilli – 2-3 (or to taste)
- Garlic – 2 pods (opt. I didnt use)
- Tamarind paste – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 TBSP
- Kala Namak / Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder -1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Grated jaggery – 1/2 tsp
- Powder the peanuts and keep aside.
- Now blend the other ingredients except lemon juice into a smooth paste adding as little water as possible. Now add the peanuts and blend into a smooth paste
- Add lemon juice, adjust spice to taste.
- Store in a airtight glass container and use as required.