Nuts and dry fruits are an integral part of our snack and both kids like it. Sometimes the husband (as all husbands, I think, who love to shop) goes a little overboard with buying these. So, I am literally left with a lot of nuts, and that’s not a nutty feeling J I do end up making pesto sometimes or the microwaved spiced nuts or add them to Ladoos. The elder one celebrated her birthday recently, and keeping in with a subdued celebration (according to her, a bigger party was in order) a Kheer was made for the morning before we went to the temple.
So made this for a quick sweet treat to end the meal on her birthday. As promised in this week’s theme on BM : just 3 ingredients (excluding salt, sugar, oil) and you have a wonderful treat. Hope you enjoyed the series with Amrud ka Panha, Morkali and today’s Badam Sevai Kheer.
Prep time : 10 min, cook time : 15 mins, Serves : 4
Course : Dessert, Indian Sweets
Shelf life: Can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days : Micro the required quantity only for 15-20 seconds before use if consuming on the subsequent days.
- Roasted Semia/ Sevai /Vermicelli – ½ cup
- Ghee – ½ tsp
- Condensed Milk – ¼ cup (Adjust to taste)
- Almond Meal – ¼ cup (roasted almond slightly powdered with a dash of cardamom and saffron)
How to :
- In a pan, add the ghee and the roasted vermicelli. Sauté for 1 min, add ½ cup of water and close and cook for 8-10 mins till fully done.
- Now Add the condensed milk, almond meal and mix well.
- Keep stirring till you get the required consistency.
- Serve warm or cold or at room temperature.