Pear is a common fruit found
throughout the year. While there are the indian and imported varieties, I am
personally fond of this low sugar fruit – the burst of mild sweetness combined
with the juicy flavor makes it a on-the-go snack too, especially after a
workout. This salad today with fruits
came about after my elder kid came back from school after a long sports practice at school,
and wanted to have a quick snack, but no cooked stuff.
I pretty much added all that I had
in my refrigerator, and it was a great salad to tuck into. So here goes – Pear and Pomogranate Salad With Apple Cider Dressing…
Addition / deletion
of any of the other stuff here is totally optional – see what works for your
family 🙂 The next time on I am sure
to add some more nuts to give it an added crunch and texture.
This goes to Harini’s Fruits Theme – Kids Delight, event by Valli, and also to Blogging Marathon.
Prep time : 10 mins, zero cook,
serves : 2
- Pear – 1 large – cubed without peeling
- Boiled corn – ¼ cup
- Shredded red cabbage – a handful
- Pomogranate pearls – 2 handfuls
- Chopped dried figs – 1 TBSP
- Chopped mint leaves – few (opt.)
- Apple Cider vinegar – ½ TBSP
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Olive oil – ½ tsp
- Mix all ingredients and
refrigerate for 15 mins minimum. (I used previously chilled veggies and fruits
and served it immediately).
- Whisk all the ingredients of the
- Just before serving, add dressing to the salad,
toss well and serve immediately.