Nutty homemade chocolates..
Valentine’s Day was just around the corner ; however there’s always an excuse to indulge in some sweet or mithai isn’t it ? Today’s is a perfect gift for my own little Valentines – my two little girls (well they are no more little but the worried mommy in me says they’ll fly away before it’s long ), so here am savouring all my moments with them ..
One of them were these cute nut filled home made chocolates that I had made earlier. When my cousin posted here earlier this week on her blog , it triggered a search that like her I also have fond memories of munching on fruit n nut chocolates from Cadbury’s while growing up..
Altho the elder one is now super fussy about eating only dark chocolate, the younger one didn’t mind eating her sister’s share too – she gobbled it up even before I had decent pictures :
Well, no issues. If they are MY valentines, they have all the right to do so 🙂 needless to say, these make perfect gifting too ( as is the rage now for homemade chocolates with fillings ranging from caramel to mint to Cointreau) ! Make a batch and watch them disappear !
Sending to my own event Kids Delight – Chocolate Dishes and BM 73under Holi / valentine day treats.
Prep time – 10 mins ; cook time – 5 mins ; setting time – 15 mins
You would need:
- Good quality cooking chocolate – I used Trader Joe’s semi sweet chocolate chips mixed – 1/2 cup
- Roasted almonds – a handful / chopped to raisin sized pieces
- Butter – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Melt chocolate chunks in a double boiler or zap in microwave
- When fully melted , take it off the flame and quickly mix in the butter and chopped roasted nuts.
- While it’s still warm, quickly spoon into silicon or plastic moulds
- With the palette, smoothen the edges off any extra chocolate or wipe off any excess chocolate with a tissue paper to get clean designs
- Give the mould a firm tap on the kitchen counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Set in the freezer for 10-15 mins ; unmould , serve
- If wrapping these, use hand gloves to give chocolates minimal heat , wrap them in two layers of butter paper and festive paper reactively ! Freeze till use
Enjoy the quick chocolatey treat :))
the little hearts filled with nuts look so yumm !!!
🙂 thanks for referring to my post !
These cute little chocolates make a perfect gifting option. Love the nuts in it..
I have to buy some silicon moulds to make my own chocolate. I have not worked much with chocolate, but this sounds like a wonderful idea to gift.
Such a simple and wonderful idea.. 🙂 Chocolates in any form dont go wrong.
Oh chocolate in any form will be so loved..those heart shaped ones look sinful!
Little rosettes and little hearts are so cute.
yum.. love those silicone molds. I need to get them too..
Damn cute and very prefect looking home made chocolate.
They look so cute and nice!!
chocolates look gorgeous and love adding nuts to it
wow – they look gorgeous
Delicious and beautiful too. Love chocolates
Dairy Milk fruit & nut used to be one of my favorites too. This is such a great idea.
Awesome idea Kalyani!
Love these chocolate hearts Kalyani. They are perfect any time of the year.
I have 2 chocolate moulds, yet to be used, love your homemade chocolates, will try some soon!!