After the success ofMy Mother’s Kitchen – 1 (One Pot Meals), I had invited entries to one of the permanent fixtures in any Indian meal : Mithai / Indian sweets !! And boy, was I innindated with entries or what !! 60 + entries and counting !! Thank you for the overwhelming response, dearies 🙂 I truly appreciate your taking time off to respond.
It has been wonderful to receive a cartload of Indian sweets from across the globe. Truly proves that the repertoire of Indian Sweets is expansive and popular..
I have divided this round up into two parts and shall be publishing them in tandem. I have included ALL the entries that were posted with a backlink to this announcement, which was mandatory. Do feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org case your entry has gone inadvertently gone awry . I shall update the same asap. In case you have sent your entries, but have not linked it back, please do so to be included in the 2nd part of this round up !
Thanks again, and hope you enjoy this one-stop shop Indian Mithai Mela for the festive season ahead 🙂
Am sure you would also participate more enthusiastically in my ongoing event –Healthy Lunchbox Ideas – Carrots– ending 31st Aug. Do watch this space for some more exciting events coming your way !!
Arranged in order of receipt, we have – for Part 1 of the round up !
- Sukanya fromSaffron streakshas sent in a whopping 9 entries : gulab jamun , Bread rasmalai , gajar ka halwa,Rasgulla ,Mango kheer,Malpua and rabdi , Doodhi halwa / gourd pudding,Rasgulle ki kheer& Mango sandesh
- Vardhini celebrates her 100th blog post with this awesomemysore Pakand also sends inPal Payasam– a south Indian treat
- Najla has sent in these all time favourites –Gajar Halwa,Strawberry Shrikhand andChocolate Gulab Jamun with fried Ice cream… slurpy !!
- Santosh has unusual delicacies delivered to this event –Raw Papaya Burfi,Mango Cake with a twist,Cornflour Halwa
Priya Sreeram’sChoco Rose Jamunis bound to be a hit at any party
Veena Aravind’sShakkar Parais an all time favourite in most households
Nupur’sApricot n Dates Laddoois a must have for all those with a sweet tooth
Radhika’sPineapple Kesariis sure to tantalise your senses with its gooey sweetness from the fruit
- Neha’sAtte ka halwais sure a foodie’s delight while keeping it healthy with Whole wheat flour
- Aarthi kicks off her new blog on a sweet note with this delectableBadam Halwa
- Jayashree’sRava Besan ladduis another twist to the usual Besan laddu or Rava Laddu – the combo looks heavenly.
- Nirmala’sDry fruit Poliis another twist to the usual Poli – looks very healthy too 🙂
- Divya’s entryTirunelveli Boli was wonderful as was authentic too
- Santosh Bangar has sent in another of my personal favourite –Jhatpat Moong Dal Halwa
- Kaveri has sent this delectableKheera / Paneer Kheer
- Jyoti’sAmrakhand / Mango Shrikhandis a must try during the Mango Mania during summer
Anu has sent in this deliciously healthyDate and Nut Rounds along with telling us the nutritious importance of dates
R & R of Tadka pasta have this devilishly intriguingFudge Browniefor us
Sudha’s entry –Jackfruit halwahad me definitely drooling
Deeksha’sCarrot burfiis loaded with beta carotene and I am all game to make this soon !
From my own kitchen, comes these 8 delicacies :
Thanks for being part of Indian Mithai Mela 🙂
Watch this space for Part 2 of this round up !