Dear fellow bloggers:
Gives me great pleasure to announce that I would be guest hosting my first event withHerbs & Flowers in my Platter originally started byPJ. Many thanks to her for this wonderful opportunity. My chosen herb is “fenugreek”. Fenugreek is used both as a herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed, often called methi). The plant is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop and is a common ingredient in many curries.
Wikipedia also tells me that ” ……recent non-clinical trials have indicated that fenugreek may have potent antiviral properties, having relieved common cold symptoms in a group of volunteers. This may progress to clinical trials in the future. Arthritis has a low incidence rate in India where a lot of fenugreek is consumed. Drinking 1 cup of fenugreek tea per day, made from the leaves, is said to relieve the discomfort of arthritis”
So, to this wonderful event, I would invite vegan / vegetarian dishes from your kitchen using the herb only (fresh / dried formats). As you are aware from the previous events too, a quick recap of how you can send in your entries:
- Cook and blog about a Vegan or Vegetarian dish which features Fenugreek. If the fresh herb is not available it can be used in the dry form also . If used in the dry form, it needs to be used as a main ingredient, not like other masala powders.
- Please do not add egg / poultry ingredients to the dish.
- Though this series is based on the culinary uses, you can also share the following -growing fenugreek leaves or tips on freezing or storing them ,non culinary uses that have been tried and tested by you like cosmetic uses, home remedies, crafts etc. You can also write about some interesting facts on fenugreek leaves.
- Please add this announcement link, and link to PJ’s announcement page –https://www.sizzlingtastebuds.com/p/herbs-flowers-hosting-schedule.htmlto your post
- Add the logo to your post so that we can spread the word.(Attached alongside)
- Send in as many entries as you wish. Archives entries are also accepted but do make a link to the post with both the announcements. Additionally, please use Mr. Linky at the end of this post to upload your entries instantly 🙂
- Non bloggers are also welcome to participate
- The last date for the entries is May 15th 2011.
- Send me the following details to – [email protected]
- Your name and name of your blog
- Recipe and URL
- Picture of your dish.[Please re-size your images to max 300 pixels]
Looking forward to your fullest participation and lip -smacking entries over the next 30 days !
You may also write to me or PJ for any other clarification that you may need.
Kalyani a.k.a Mom Chef
I blog @ http://itsnotmadrasi.blogspot.com/
Nice event. Happy hosting. Will try to send my entries.
Wonderful choice, will send my entries soon..
Thanks for hosting Kalyani.Have a fun time 🙂
Hey Good one..shall try to send in something for the event.
I will definitely send you something.. I was meaning to try out a recipe with methi and this event will push me to try it out very soon..:)
lovely event with methi, will definitely send something.
pls do check the new event at my site : summer coolers
Sent in my entry. Happy hosting.
Happy hosting!! Will surely participat, I wanted to post a recipe on methi but it was getting delayed…now for your event will surely make and post 🙂
1st time here, sent my entry to this event. Hope you have recived it.
Gald to to follow your blog.