Staying in a hostel or a dorm has it’s own advantages and demerits too – you stay away from naggy moms,busy dads and naggy siblings. But in the midst of all that freedom, you crave for home cooked food and even little treats like Maggi or Ramen noodles make one smile
I have never stayed in a hostel or a dorm, but my cousin who is away for his Post Graduation in Paediatric Surgery tells me rather horrific tales about working for 18-24 hours straight in ER rooms or on emergency and has to contend to just cups of tea or small nibbles for sustenance.
Some hostels / dorms prohibit cooking in the rooms, while some allow for small pleasures like a hot plate, a
microwave , a common refrigerator etc. This quick and buttery lemon corn does just that – minimal ingredients, maximum flavour 🙂
Coriander butter Lemony Corn It’s a total comfort to dig into a steamy cup of this super tempting corn in the hostel or even while watching TV / movies, and especially during monsoon. Most theatres / malls in Mumbai sell this and is always a favourite with both kids who love corn a lot.
More Corn recipes on the blog
Prep time : 10 mins, cook time : 10 mins, serves : 1 -2
Ingredients to make Buttery Lemon Corn
- Sweet Corn – fresh or frozen (I used it directly from the corn ear) – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – few – chopped fine
- Butter – 2 TBSP
- Salt – ¼ tsp (avoid if the butter is salted)
- Chopped green chillies – 1 or 2
- Chat Masala – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp (optional)
How to make Buttery Lemony Corn
- Mix finely chopped coriander with butter and wrap in a butter paper or leave it in a chilled place, preferably the refrigerator.
- Chilled butter works best, but if you don’t have a refrigerator, mix well and add while serving.
- Microwave the corn with a pinch of sugar and salt and 2 cups of water for 9-10 mins till cooked but not mushy. In the absence of microwave, boil them in slightly salted water for 10-12 mins. Drain.
- In a bowl, add the boiled and drained corn, chillies, salt, lemon juice, chat masala, coriander butter (chilled or otherwise)
- Serve immediately.