Anything Cheesy is bound to be a kids favourite. But if its healthy, moms are happy too. This is one often repeated recipe as an after school snack. I have made it so many times but forgot to click as we got busy eating them eah time:)
Now the lil one also imitates her elder sister and wanted a bite too, and then loved it. The fillings for this snack is so versatile you can go with almost anything – bell peppers, drained black beans, cooked lentils / peas, boiled corn. Its also a great way to use leftover dry curries :p
As much as presentation is key to any kid’s dish, its also important to keep it fuss free. So its a great make-ahead for kids parties too – do let me know how you liked it.. am sure you would make this soon !
Cheesy Bread Cups – an anytime Snack
Cuisine : Fusion
Difficulty level : Easy
Prep time : 15 mins | Baking time : 8-9 mins | Makes : 6
- Brown Bread – 6 slices (you can use any fresh bread)
- Sweet Corn – 1/3 cup – boiled
- Boiled potato – 1 medium
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Bell peppers minced – 1/4 cup (i used a combo of red, green)
- Onions – 1 medium – minced fine
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Butter – to grease the baking tray (about 5 gms) – you may use olive oil too
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato Ketchup / Sauce – 2 TBSP
- Cheesy slices – 2 nos (you can also use Parmesan or Cheddar)
|Step by step process|
Pre-heat oven to 160 Deg C. Grease the muffin pans with butter or oil or cooking spray
- In a pan, heat oil. Saute onions and bell peppers till crunchy (about 4 mins).
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric and saute again
- Now add boiled corn, mashed n boiled potato and stir gently.
- Add tomato ketchup, salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and mix again.
- Let this mixture cool completely.
To make the bread cups :
- Trim the bread cups lightly (I used them as it is). Flatten them gently with a rolling pin and gently press in the centre on to the greased muffin pans (one in each dimple)
- Spray a little more oil on the top of the bread slices and gently spoon in 2-3 tsp of the filling.
- Place cheese slices on top (I just cut them into strips for an elegant look)
- Bake for 8-10 mins till cheese slightly melts.
- Demould carefully and serve immediately.