Welcome Aboard ! After much procrastination, I present the first post on my new food blog – http://itsnotmadrasi.blogspot.com/. For those of you who are curious about the name and its author – me, do visit the “About Me” section!
And what better way to start off than on a sweet tooth ! Presenting Eggless Oats Banana Muffins !! I have tweaked most of the ingredients from a fellow blogger’s recipe, but the results were nevertheless divine! Thanks Mythreyee for this awesome recipe! It was definitely a keeper.
To make 12 muffins (which my recipe did):
· Ripe Bananas– 4 ( I used Ripe yellow)
· Demerera Sugar – ½ cup + ¼ cup white granulated sugar – powdered
· Cinnamon powder – a pinch or two
· Salt – 1/8 tsp or less
· Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup (you may also use unsalted melted butter)
· Baking Powder – 1 tsp
· Baking Soda – 1 tsp
· All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
· Powdered Oats – ¼ cup
· Whole wheat flour – ¼ cup
· Floured nuts – 4 tbsp
1) Preheat Oven to 190 deg C
2) Sieve the flours, salt, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl.
3) Add Oats to the sieved mixture and sieve once more. Rest.
4) In another bowl, mash the banana, add oil (or butter). Mix. Add powdered sugar, essence and mix well.
5) Grease the muffin trays with paper cups or use oil spray to slightly grease them
6) Now add the banana –sugar mixture to the dry flours. Mix lightly (preferably with a whisk and not an electric spatula). Add the floured nuts to this, reserving some for garnish.
7) Fill this mixture only till ¾ of the muffin paper cups
8) Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
9) Bake it in the Oven for about 30 minutes approximately till done and a toothpick comes out clean
10) Cool on a rack before serving
Bon Appetit !