Potato being the chosen ingredient for this week, I made this simple baked treat as I didn’t want to deep fry potatoes (although I have bookmarked Gayathri’s spicy potato sticky wedges recipe – that’s for some other day).
Takes minimal prep time, and makes for a healthy treat that kids love to indulge in. Great for monsoon days when you want to snack lightly.
Prep time : 10 mins, Bake time : 20 mins, Serves : 2
- Large sized potatoes – 2
- Oil – 2 TBSP
- Honey – 1 TBSP (can sub with maple syrup for Vegan version)
- Pizza seasoning – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Toasted Sesame seeds – 1 TBSP
- Scrub the potatoes well, wipe them dry and cut into thinnish strips with the skin on.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients and marinate the potatoes for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180/190 C
- Lay the marinated potatoes on a prepared tray / silpat sheet in a single layer and bake for 12-15 mins till they are done. Time taken might differ from oven to oven.
- Serve warm with tomato sauce.