“No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.” – ― Laurie Colwin
As this blog – Sizzling Tastebuds -turned one last week, I took out some ‘me’ time out to ponder how and what I felt at the end of one year..While the chocolate cake baked for the event definitely helped me with a burst of adrenalin, I believe I felt nice because cooking for family is one of the most important things we do, and what better way to express love than to cook what your family loves to eat.
So, in celebration of the Valentine’s day which happens to be all about love, why not extend the same to cooking up your family’s favourite. And that, my dear readers happens to be the Valentine Event here at Sizzling Tastebuds and its called Valentine Fest – Served with Love. And its happening at this blog , all this Feb 🙂
This entire month of Feb, send in all the dishes that you cook for your loved ones, family, colleagues at work & close friends. While chocolates & cakes may top the list, do send us the lovely Curries / Rotis / Chutneys / Dips and something special that you cook for your family…Don’t forget to mention why this dish is special to you, and what it means cooking this for them.
Let’s not limit this to chocolates, but extend this to all the vegetarian dishes you make for them, even a special sandwich or soup for them. As always, only fresh entries are welcome. A quick recap of how you can send your dishes:
1. Dishes shall be vegetarian only. This is an egg free blog. So send your eggless bakes and other vegetarian entries….
2. Cuisine can be across region /course and new dishes need to be posted between 1st Feb & 29th Feb 2012 (Yes, we are on a leap year, so that extra day in Feb counts too J)
3. No archived entries please.
4. Link back to this announcement and usage of logo is mandatory
5. Use the Linky tool to tag your dish to this event. In case you are unable to do so, please write to me at – email@example.com