Of all the visits that are planned for a kid, nothing compares to the joy of eating hot French fries @ a McDonalds outlet. With due respect to all Mc D fans out there, it’s the same greasy food, but atleast its consistent across the worldJSo, when Veena’s recipe (which I have slightly modified here) for home made potato wedges came up, I knew I had to bookmark this, not only due to economics but also have the comfort of making this at home. Yes, Herbed Potato Fingers is comparable to the original fries, and I think my little one would slowly come around to having this home -made version regularly.
Sending this to Week 3 of Blogging Marathon under “Kids Delight” specials. Do watch this space for more on this theme this week throughJ
Preparation time :10 mins. Baking time : 12-15 mins, Serves : 2
· Large Potatoes – 3
· Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
· Turmeric – 1 tsp
· Salt – to taste
· Dried herbs – Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano – each ¼ tsp
· Red chilli flakes OR White pepper powder – 1 tsp (opt)
1) Scrub and wash the potatoes, and cut lengthwise into French fries sizes (ensure moderate thickness and consistent size). I did not peel the potatoes. You may do so if you wish. Pat dry them with a kitchen towel.
2) Mix olive oil, salt, turmeric, dried herbs in a bowl. Add these cubed potatoes and stir well. Ensure all pieces get evenly coated with this mixture and set aside for 10 minutes.
3) Pre-heat oven to 220 C. Arrange the pieces on the baking tray and bake for 12- 15 minutes till they aquire golden brown colour.
4) Remove from tray , add chilli flakes and serve immediately with sauce / ketchup
Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me
Seven Days of Microwave Meals:Monika,
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid’s Special:Kalyani