"Christmas is the Blessed season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love !"
On the eve of Xmas, its time for celebration. And whats better celebration than cake and cookies and warm goodies just out of the oven. The nip in the air demands chocolate in many forms, and hot chocolate is just one of them.
This week at BM there are special holiday treats as a theme. To begin with is hot chocolate – an eternal favourite for us, through the year. All these 3 treats go to Sandhya's event - holiday Treats (kids delight), original event by Valli.
Hot chocolate as a beverage is made many ways. But I like to make it this way as my family enjoys it.
May the festive season give you loads of reasons to smile and enjoy, as the year unfolds into a new 2015 in a couple of days more. Happy Xmas to all.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time : 5 mins | Serves : 2
Cuisine type : Hot beverage
- Cooking chocolate – 2 bars (about 50 gms)
- Milk – normal or soya – 200 ml
- Sugar – to taste
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – a teeny weeny pinch
- Cream - 1 TBSP
- Boil the milk and keep aside. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave for 30 secs till just melted. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except milk). Mix well.
- Stir in this mixture to the boiled milk and mix well.
- Serve hot or warm topped with cream