With the weather changing ever so frequently, we find ourselves and our loved ones down with sore throat and cough. This is one sure shot home remedy thats not only quick to make but tasty to savour. After Rava Kanji, this is another quick Home Remedy for BM # 45.
Lets see how we can make this hot beverage that cures sore throat and a persistent cough for both adults and kids. Adjust ginger proportion when serving to toddlers though, and please note honey is not to be administered to infants below 2 years for fear of botulism.
Please note : These home remedies are what work at my place and treats the ailment safely without any side effects. It DOES NOT replace any doctor's advice. Please check with your local practitioner for more on this. See notes below.
Prep time : Nil | Heating time : 5 mins | Serves : 1
- Hot water - 2 cups
- Ginger - 1 inch - peeled and grated
- Honey - 1 TBSP
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp - crushed
- In a pan, bring 2 cups of hot water to a rolling boil. Add the grated ginger and crushed black pepper. Boil till it reduces to half (about 1 cup). Switch off. Let the spices remain for 3-4 mins.
- Strain, add honey and serve hot.
- For kids above 3 years, take half of the simmered decoction, add honey and serve. Repeat after 4-6 hours.
- For adults, make this tea in full strength thrice a day. Make fresh batches everyday.