Sprouts Adai must be the healthiest breakfast option that is dished out at my place. A healthy twist to the usual Adai (lentil crepes), this is one sure shot way to get kiddo to munch on sprouts and is a very healthy breakfast for diabetics too. You can make it with normal soaked moong dal too, but I had some sprouts leftover after making Moongachi Usal. so made it with sprouts. Try it out, am sure you would love this. You may also use mixed sprouts, but as I had moong sprouts prepared it with the same.
Soaking time : 4 hours
Prep time : 20 mins + grinding time
Makes : 20 adais
- White rice – 1 cup (you may also use brown rice here, but soak for 2 hours longer if doing so)
- Toor Dal / split pigeon pea – 1/3 cup
- Channa Dal – approx 1/2 cup
- Sprouted Moong sprouts – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 4 to 5 (suit your spice)
- Curry leaves
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery – half a lemon sized
- Ginger – 1/2 inch grated
- Hing / Asafoetida – a generous pinch
- Oil – to fry the Adai
1) Wash and soak the rice and dals separately for 4 hours. Add the red chillies to soak along with the dals.
2) Grind the rice first. Then add the dals, chillies, sprouts and grind to a smooth paste.
3) Add salt, curry leaves, hing,grated ginger, turmeric, jaggery and mix well.
4) Give it a standing time of 1 – 2 hours (I soaked the dals / rice overnight, and made the adais with the batter ground the next day)
5) To make the adais, heat a tava. When moderately hot, spoon a ladleful of this batter onto the middle of the tava. Spread like a dosa, but slightly thicker than normal dosa
6) Drizzle oil around the sides. Cook on both sides and serve with Molagapudi and any chutney.
I love Adai with Aviyal …
Thanks Kalyani, I love adai unfortunately nobody at home :(.
Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012
great recipe would love to make these on a Sunday Breakfast!
A perfect healthy breakfast.. Too good
healthy and delicious breakfast ………
Nice way to use up leftover sprouts! Yummy breakfast!
yummy looking platter
excellent breakfast choice!
Healthy and delicious protein packed adai,looks yummy….
Healthy and yum..superb recipe Kalyani!
Very tempting breakfast!..
a very healthy one!!!!
healthy adai, adding sprouts makes more protein rich.
Yum, I love crepes. I like your hint about using brown rice, too. Thanks for sending this to My Legume Love Affair.
Wat a healthy n protein rich adais..
Healthy and nutritious adai. Looks delicious.
Yummy and healthy!
Nice and healthy
loved this nutritious and yummy Adai…platter looks inviting!!
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
Lovely adai, i love this with jaggery and butter. Yum!
healthy and yum!
Very healthy adai kalyani. Hope your daughter is getting better. Thanks for linking it to the event.
I have made pesarattu with sprouts and totally loved it. Adai looks yummy. Thx for linking to the event.
Healthy adai. I always make mine with brown rice..
Very healthy one..liked it..
yummy and Healthy Adai!!!
I too make this sometimes.Really healthy and yum
Very nutritious adai!
Nice and healthy recipe…
I love most of your recipes! This is one of them! Thanks for linking to my event!
CC – Flavors of Tamilnadu
Lock Lock Series 2