Summer. Curd. Chaat – Do you need any more excuse ?? Probably not.
If you have the ingredients ready beforehand (which are mostly pantry staples), then assembling this lip smacking chaat is a matter of minutes. And they disappear in a jiffy too !!
For chaat lovers CANNOT NOT love Dahi Batata Puri (Dahi = curd, Batata = potato, Puri = puffed crispy ball). We are doing a Potato series this week, and I couldn’t help but blog about this family favourite.
Diabetic ?? Not to worry, you can easily substitute Potato with Sweet potato or even add extra Boiled sprouts / Boiled chickpeas.
Vegan ? Not to worry, you can sub the yoghurt with cashew / soy or any other vegan yoghurt of your choice.
No potato ? You can still have the Dahi Puri stuffed with any boiled sprouts with a dash of yoghurt and the lip smacking chutneys.
What’s your excuse to make this now ? Head to the kitchen to make a plate now !
Need more Chaat recipes ? Check these out while we make today’s dish…
- Dahi Ragda Chaat
- Mini Katori Chaat
- Sev Puri
- Corn Chaat
- Bhel Puri
- Ragda Patties
- Tomato slice Chaat
- Spicy Corn Chaat
- Sprouts Dahi Batata Puri
- Tikki Chole Chaat
- Sev Batata Puri
- Dry Tikki Chaat
Prep time : 15 mins , Cook time : 10 mins ; Serves : 4
- Pani Puris / Golgappe – 20 (store bought or homemade)
- Yoghurt – 3/4 cup
- Boiled potatoes – 4 medium
- Boiled moong (whole green) sprouts – 4 tbsp (opt.)
- Meetha Chutney (Tamarind Dates Chutney) – 2 TBSP
- Red Chilli Chutney – 1 tsp
- Mint Coriander Chutney – 3 TBSP
- Salt – as required
To taste (As reqd):
- Red Chilli powder
- Jeera powder (roasted cumin powder)
- Kala Namak (black salt)
- Chaat Masala
- Garnish : Coriander leaves (chopped) and fine sev (gram flour vermicelli) – opt.
- Whisk yoghurt free of lumps, add chaat masala, jeera powder, a pinch of sugar and mix well. Chill for 15 mins.
- Boil potatoes till fork tender. Peel and crumble them lightly. If using boiled sprouts or kala channa (dark coloured chickpeas), slightly crumble them and add to the potato. Add chaat masala, salt, kala namak (Black salt), jeera powder – mix well and keep aside.
- Take 5-6 pani puris / Golgappe in a plate, slightly crush them at the top to stuff the filling. Add the potato – sprouts mixture, top with chilled yoghurt, add the chutneys (sweet and coriander-mint), sprinkle a little jeera powder and sev and garnish with green coriander.
- Serve Immediately.
Sending these to BM # 65 under One Veggie 3 dishes theme