Moong Sprouts is always present in my pantry.. And after Moongachi Usal, Sprouts Adai, I used these to make myself a quick Sprouts & Grapes Salad with Lemon-Honey dressing today. And teamed with toasted bread, it was a perfect light lunch for Saturday noon. It requires almost zero time to make, if you have the sprouts on hand. Team it up with any fruit and sprinkle some salt / pepper, and you have a fabulous light snack to munch on even in the afternoons. Off this goes to:
Blogging Marathon, Only Sprouts – event by Pari, hosted by Priya, Indrani’s Winter Veggies Event & Vardhini’s New U. Also to my event Kitchen Chronicles – Cooking with leftovers – hosted by Veena. And to MLLA # 43, hosted by Chez Cayenne, event bySusan.
Prep time :10 mins.Cook time : NIL. Serves :2
- Moong Sprouts – 1 cup
- Chopped fruits – 1/2 cup (I primarily used up black grapes that were in my pantry)
- Tomatoes – chopped – 2 TBSP
- Onions minced fine – 2 TBSP
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 TBSP
- Red Chilli powder / Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 TBSP
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste (optional) . I didnt add any 🙂
1) Chill and mix both the sprouts & chopped (and pitted grapes),onions and tomatoes in a large bowl.
2) In another cup, mix the dressing ingredients well. Use 1/2 tbsp of vinegar in place of the lemon juice if desired.
3) Just before serving,add the dressing into the sprouts – fruits mix and toss well.
4) Serve immediately on a bed of lettuce (well, I ran out of lettuce, so had this straight on:))
- Grapes are only indicative. You can use a medley of fruits : pineapple chunks, peeled and cubed apple, orange segments, sweet lime : all these work wonderfully well.
- Add red chilli flakes instead of red chilli powder / pepper powder for a hot and new experience in the dressing.
- Ensure all the ingredients (except dressing / topping) are chilled before serving – that way they get perkier and crunchy when you eat. If using apples, add them just before serving as they brown on exposure (due to oxidation)
Very colorful and healthy salad, Kalyani..thanks for linking it to my event
healthy,colourful and just what my tummy is craving for right now 🙂
lovely colors, black grapes are banned at home as little one has severe chest infection. The moment the ban gets lifted, will try this combination
They Look Yummy
healthy and colorful too!
Colorful and healthy salad,looks yum…
These look really nice and colorful 🙂
Yum yum,thats a super breezy and nutritious salad..
This looks so healthy and easy! Thanks for another great entry to My Legume Love Affair.
healthy n inviting salad…
Lovely color.. I like moong spouts in salads..
super healthy n delicious one with all the wonderful colors this salad is surely tempting!
someone s cooking all healthy and fancy these days nicey nice
Great healthy salad!
Very nutritious salad…
nice and healthy salad.
Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012
I am all for recipes with sprouts and this salad looks healthy and inviting. Nice clicks Kalyani.
Event: New "U" – Healthy Eats
Event: Healing Foods – Cauliflower
Thats my type of salad looks so colorful.
Colorful and healthy Salad…
Healthy n yummy! Sprouted moong is very delicious …I love it!
Sorry for being late in checking your posts! Such a healthy salad!