As mentioned in my Brownies with Ice Cream post, this recipe is adapted from Harini’s recipe which I think I have baked so many times now with some variation. If you are looking at a healthy way of satiating your sweet tooth, head here. Multigrain, choco chips, eggless – it cant get any better than this :-))
Prep time : 15 mins, Bake time : 20 mins (depends on ur oven), Makes : 15-18 brownies.
You would need –
- Wholewheat flour – 3/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Ragi flour (finger millet flour) – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup (or approx 3 TBSP)
- Coarse Almond meal – 4 TBSP
- cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp (opt.)
- Baking powder – 1/2 TBSP
- Salt – a dash
- Butter – 1/3 cup
- Olive oil / neutral oil – 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar – 1 tsp less than 1/2 cup
- Chocochips (I used a combo of semi sweet and dark) – 1/4 cup
- Mango Jam – 2 TBSP
- yoghurt / curds – lightly beaten – approx 3 TBSP less than 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Sieve all dry ingredients except almond meal twice over. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all wet ingredients leaving aside a handful of chocochips for topping.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease and line a square baking dish (I lined it with parchment)
- Mix the wet to the dry ingredients, dont over mix.
- Gently fold in mixture to a greased and lined baking pan.
- Top with almond meal and remaining chocochips.
- Bake for 20-22 mins (check at 18th min) till done.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into slices. Keeps for 4-5 days under refrigeration.