While Pizza appeals to the elder one, the lil chef loves her Pasta. Although she’s partial to the Penne Arabbiata, she has begun to take up smaller portions of other pasta too. Husband and I are on the lookout for cute pasta shapes and so far we found (hoarded) alphabet, animal shaped and pumpkin-based vegan spaghetti.
This dish is totally vegan and if you are using a GF pasta, the entire dish can be GF too. We had this Corn Puree Pasta at one of the vacations we took and little one really liked it so we ordered it almost everyday 🙂
As the chef would (obviously) not share the original recipe, I tried to re-create this based on what I remembered from the taste which according to the kids was pretty close to the original.
Making it vegan was totally our choice which didn’t take away any flavour from the original cheese-heavy pasta it was 🙂
I served it with toasted bread and a summery citrus burst salad for the weekend making it a complete meal.
Other Pasta dishes on the blog:
Vegan Corn Puree Pasta (Jain too!!)
Serves : 2
- Sweet Corn (hulled-fresh or frozen) – 1 cup
- Pasta – 1/2 cup (cooked according to packet instructions)
- Olive Oil – 1/2 TBSP
- Salt, pepper, red chilli flakes – to taste
- Garlic – 1 large pod (minced fine) – optional ( I didn’t use)
- Almond meal – 1/2 TBSP (or sub with 4 TBSP almond milk)
- Vegetables of your choice – I used only red peppers
How to make:
- Cook sweet corn till soft with some salt. Drain
- Leaving aside 2-3 tsp, grind the rest of the corn into a slightly smooth puree (just 2/3 seconds on the blender)
- In a pan, heat olive oil. saute the veggies if using and remove after 2 mins.
- Now add the corn puree, salt, pepper, almond meal (or milk) and slowly simmer for 3-4 mins on very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Now add the chilly flakes, cooked pasta and toss well.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, reserved corn kernels and serve warm with any bread for a complete meal
Sending to BM#82 under Takeaway recipes