After a soup and some breakfast under "cooking for one " series, let's move to an all time favourite dessert - choco lava cake . I followed Tarla Dalal's recipe for 1 serving and quadrupled it for 4 servings .
It's a family favourite and we used to order it regularly along with the pizza and garlic bread from dominos.
But, all 3 of them are now made at home ! How cool is that ? :).
For over 8 varieties of pizzas click here
Do follow the timing strictly as per following recipe to get a perfectly gooey choco lava cake , so delicious that you will go back for seconds and thirds :)
Following recipe given for a single serve , you would need:
- 1 tbsp Maida (APF)
- 1 tbsp Sugar (powdered)
- 1 1/2 tsp dark chocolate powder (or dark cocoa works fine too)
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Melted butter - 2 tsp
- A pinch each of salt, baking soda & baking powder
- A 20 gm chunk of good quality cooking chocolate (I used Morde Dark)
- Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa powder and sieve well.
- Add the salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix well to get a smooth batter.
- Pour half of it into a microwave safe bowl and push the chunk of chocolate right into the center of the batter.
- Top it with the remaining batter, taking care that the chocolate doesn’t protrude out of the batter.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or till cooked.
- Keep aside for a minute, unmould and serve plain or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.