As we enter a new year, wishing all my friends, co-bloggers and readers a very happy and healthy new year. The resolution for me as a blogger is of course to blog more, work upon my photography skills, revamp my blog, update my recipe index … the list seems daunting , but I shall take baby steps on this….
Coming to today’s post – Tri Bell Pepper Cheese Toast…
Bell peppers aka capsicum / Shimla Mirch is one of favourite veggies at home – both for me and the kids. This week’s theme for Blogging Marathon is part of Valli’s event Kids Delights - Party Pleasers Theme is hosted by Priya Srinivasan.
Considering I make this often for both parties and as an after school snack, I experimented with a combo of all peppers available, and it turned out pretty good. Both my girls are not into too much cheese, so I cut down that quite a bit. But for cheese lovers, you can top it with as much as required.
Meanwhile do check out 10+ Bell pepper / capsicum dishes here
Prep time : 10 mins ; Bake / Grill time : 8-10 mins : Serves : 2
Makes: 8 pieces
Cuisine : Indian ; course : Starters / snacks / appetisers
Spice level : Low to Medium
You would need:
- Bread slices – 4 nos (I used brown bread)
- Melted Butter / Olive oil – 1 TBSP
- Grated Cheese – ¼ cup
- Minced bell pepper – ½ cup (I used all 3 colours)
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Trim edges of a bread slice(I retained them as is) and cut the bread slices diagonally into two pieces each .
- Mix cheese and minced bell pepper and keep aside.
- Spread the melted butter / olive oil on all cut slices.
- Toast the slices on a lined tray in a preheated oven for 2-3 mins (or roast slightly on a tava / skillet) until crisp
- Now spread the cheese+ veggie mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- Grill further for 3-4 mins till cheese melts (if using a tava, press the top gently on both sides till cheese slightly melts)
- Cool slightly and serve warm
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#58