This week at Blogging Marathon we are headed for some diabetic friendly / healthy eats. First of this is a salad. Basically a no-brainer recipe, this can be made ahead and served as part of a potluck or even had thrice / four times a week. We have it at least twice every week.
One neednt be a diabetic to indulge in healthy food, right ? :)
Basically for diabetics, the diet needs to be rich in soluble fibre and fats - sugar - carb combo to a minimum. Proteins can be indulged in twice a week. Millets are most welcome to be included in place of rice or wheat. Some other diabetic recipes include....
and many more....
So lets check out the recipe...
Prep time : 10 mins, zero cook , Serves : 2
- Cucumber - 1 medium (I used English cucumbers)
- Green Moong sprouts - 1/2 cup (you can use any sprouts)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Coconut grated - 1/2 TBSP (optional)
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Tempering (Optional) : Oil 1/2 tsp, green chillies 2, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, Coriander leaves
How to make:
- Wash, peel and Chop cuucmber into fine bits. Mix in raw sprouts (you can blanch them for 2 mins also and add them in).
- Just before serving, add the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well
- If tempering, splutter mustard seeds, green chillies and coriander leaves. Add to the salad
- Finish with grated coconut and serve immediately.