Who doesnt like Pasta ? Its a kids delight especially.. While I prefer the white sauce, the husband the elder kid love it in Tomato sauce. This time, I made in homemade Arabbiata Sauce (recipe soon - my BM friends know why :D).
So if your family loves this dish, do give it a try. Goes with most breads. I served it with Onion Olive Focaccia.
Prep time : 20 mins | Cooking time : 25 mins (For Pasta)
Ingredients: (Serves 3)
- Whole wheat penne pasta – 150 gms
- Arabbiata Sauce (recipe shall follow soon): ½ cup
- Olive oil – 2 TBSP
- Garlic minced – 1 TBSP
- Salt – to taste
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – ¼ cup
- Basil – for garnish (optional)
- Boil pasta as per packet instructions and drain. Run a tsp of oil through the pasta to prevent it from sticking.
- In a pan, heat olive oil, sauté garlic till done, add arrabbiata sauce and drained boiled pasta. Check for salt and seasoning (Remember the sauce and cheese both contain salt)
- Mix it well, Let it cook for further 2 mins. Garnish with shredded basil and grated cheese and serve with Focaccia.