I first tasted this drink - Guava KA panna - at a popular all-vegetarian restaurant called Soam in Mumbai, 3 years ago. May be it was the humidity of pre monsoon showers, may be it was the spouse next to me as we were trying to go on a date after our 2nd princess was born (yup!) , or I was just plain thirsty --- but something about it was just magical..
I took about 4 helpings to finally get the taste embedded in my palate ... Then waited till the right season when red guava (aka Allahabad variety) came to the market. And almost forgot about it that I had even clicked pics at home with a 3 month old baby in tow..
Those pics got me nostalgic n am keen for this year's season of red guavas to hit the stores. Till then enjoy this wonderful drink - pure n perfect . Just few ingredients and you are set to go ! Sending this to this week's Blogging Marathon with theme : Cooking with 3 ingredients
You will need:
- Ripe red guavas - 2 large
- Chaat masala - to taste
- Sugar - to taste , about 1-2 tbsp
- Black salt - a pinch
- White pepper powder - to taste
- Mint leaves - optional
- Lots of ice cubes / crushed ice
How to make it:
- Peel the guavas n de-seed them. Cut into cubes. Blend it with half of the ice & the sugar.
- Strain, add the rest of the ingredients. Serve immediately .