Curd rules summer. So you have seen in my previous posts this week : Dry fruits Lassi & Sprouts dahi Batata Puri .Today's sandwich is a popular favourite with me and kiddo : we love to munch them anytime. Easy to make and serve, this is also a popular party treat. You cant really go wrong with hung curd and carrot : two of my fav ingredients.
Hung Curd is a versatile ingredient to use, and we make these Hung Curd Canapes or these Cucumber or Lentil (Masoor) Salad often at home with Hung Curd.
So, make it anytime and enjoy.. Hope you enjoyed the Beat the heat series with Dry fruits Lassi, and today's Hung Curd Carrot Sandwich for BM # 50. Sending this to BM # 50 and Nisha who's hosting Summer Coolers -Beat the heat Kids Delight event.
Prep time: 15 mins , zero cook | Serves : 2
Cuisine : American, Course : Breakfast or Snack
- Bread slices - 8 (I used brown bread)
- Hung Curd - 1/4 cup
- Grated carrot - 2 TBSP
- Salt and black pepper - to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes & dried oregano - to taste (optional)
- Butter - 2 TBSP (pref unsalted)
Optional Add-ons (for adult portions)
Sliced cucumbers,mayo,cream, sliced bell peppers, shredded cabbage
- Trim the slices of the bread and keep ready buttering them one side up.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, if making immediately add salt, else salt just before making sandwiches.
- Slather a thick portion of the mix onto the buttered side and close with the other bread slice
- Cut into half or triangles and serve immediately.