|Map of Thailand|
- It is bordered to the north by Burma and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Burma. Its maritime boundaries include Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and Indiaon the Andaman Sea to the southwest.
|Location Map of Thailand|
- There is evidence of human habitation in Thailand that has been dated at 40,000 years before the present, with stone artefacts dated to this period at Tham Lod Rockshelter in Mae Hong Son.
- Thailand controlled the Malay Peninsula as far as Malacca in the 1400s and held much of the peninsula, including Temasek (Singapore) some of the Andaman Islands and a colony on Java, but eventually failed when the British used force to guarantee their suzerainty over the sultanate.
- In Bangkok, there are 23,000 free public Wi-Fi Internet hotspots. The Internet in Thailand also consists of 10Gbit/s high speed fiber-optic lines that can be leased and ISPs such as KIRZ that provide residential Internet services
- Thai culture has been shaped by many influences, including Indian, Lao, Burmese, Cambodian, and Chinese.
|This 'spirit house' is omnipresent throughout Bangkok|
to ward off evil spirits - its present at the entrance of prominent buildings,
including our Hotel
- Chilled water – 1 cup (approx. 200 ml)
- Basil / Sabza seeds – ½ tsp (I think you can tone down a bit to ¼ tsp may be as these swell)
- Rose Syrup (I used thick rose crush) – sweetened – 3 tsp
- Ice cubes
- Mint or basil to garnish
- Soak the seeds in 4-6 TBSP of water for 15/20 mins. They swell quite a bit.
- Now to chilled glasses, add the chilled water, 2 tsp each of these soaked seeds (drained), Rose syrup / crush, ice and mix well
- Top with crushed ice and garnish as desired.