Prep time : 20 mins | Baking time : 25 mins | Makes : 12-14 large or 16 medium square brownies.
Cuisine : American | Type : Dessert or Snack
- Wholewheat flour - 1.5 cups
- Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 TBSP
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (I used valrhona - extra dark)
- Brown sugar - 1 cup (packed)
- Ripe Bananas (large) - 4 nos
- Oil - 3/4 cup + 3 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 TBSP
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup - chopped
- Icing Sugar - 1/4 cup (for dusting)
- Sift first 5 ingredients three times in a large bowl : Dry ingredients
- Beat ripe bananas (chopped) and brown sugar well (I powdered brown sugar cubes and add it to the banana puree). Now add lemon juice, oil and beat well. Add essence, mix and keep aside.
- Dust the chopped walnuts in a floured bowl (add 1 tsp of flour and mix the nuts well). Mix in these walnuts in the flour and give it a vigorous toss.
- Now preheat oven to 170 Deg C / 350 deg F
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture little by little and mix gently. Add extra oil (3 tsp) if required. mine was a little dry at the beginning and therefore I added oil in batches.
- Pour mixture into a prepared and lined tray.
- Bake at 170 for 20 mins and 155 for 4-6 mins (keep an eye after 15 mins and tent the baking dish with foil if you feel its browing too fast).
- Cool a bit and unmould. The top would have crinkled a bit (and thats why the name :D)
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into shapes desired.
- Serve warm
These go to Day 2 of Blogging Marathon under Holiday Treats - Kids Delight,Vardhini's Bake Fest #38 , Mir's Holiday Cakes and Breads, Harini's Holiday Baking with Sugar and spice & Nupur's Whats with my Cuppa # 4