Spaghetti for dinner was always on my to-do list, but thanks to Blogging marathon,I finally made it last week and loved it..This week would showcase 3 different varieties of pizza and pasta . All these go to Mir's event too, who is hosting Valli's kids delight under the same theme.
To kick off, I made a simple but utterly delicious coriander garlic pesto spaghetti that went wonderfully well with warm broccoli soup and pull apart rolls.. All in all a weekend winner and happy faces to boot. It was amusing to see my lil one too trying to slurp up the long spaghetti strands into her mouth, all by herself . It's another matter that half of them ended on the floor rather in the mouth, but that's part of growing up isn't it ?
However the husband and elder kiddo loved it a LOT and although am my biggest critic, I saw myself polishing it off. I have added extra veggies like broccoli and boiled cauliflower and peas to up the fibre content, however just the homemade pesto sauce is a winner to add in.
You can make it even with farfalle or any pasta, but I made it with wholewheat spaghetti.I was also super glad to make homemade pesto . Recipe for the homemade coriander garlic pesto here .
Now let's get to the spaghetti:
Prep time : 20 mins, cook time : 15 mins, serves : 4
- Spaghetti - 150 gms
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Red chilli flakes - 1/3 tsp
- Basil powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Oregano -a big pinch
- Garlic -1/2 tsp
- Blanched veggies -1/2 cup (optional)
- Coriander garlic Pesto Sauce - 4 tbsp
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions. Once done, Drain in a colander n run an oiled spoon through it to separate the strands
- In a pan heat oil. Sauté garlic n red chilli flakes. Add pesto n sauté for 2 mins. Add the blanched veggies, other spices like basil n oregano. Sauté for a min.
- Now add the cooked spaghetti and toss. Check for salt and spices adding extra salt only if required.
- Serve immediately with warm bread and / or soup