Whats not to like about Chocolate and nuts ? Well if the two come together in a quick to make and No-bake Chocolate nuggets, they disappear like magic.. even my Lil angel was licking her fingers and asked for seconds, just like her elder sis :-))
Fuss Free. Chocolate. Nuts - Its that simple. Do try it out as this makes its way to BM # 46 under Nuts and Legumes theme and Valli's event - Kids Delight Lunch Box with Nuts and Legumes .
Prep time : 15 mins | Cook time : 15 mins
Freeze time : min 1 hour
Makes : approx 250 gms of Choco Nut bars (about 20 medium pieces)
- Marie biscuits - or any sugarfree or low sugar biscuits - 10 Nos (cookies is not suitable)
- Cooking Chocolate - I used Morde - 100 gms
- Walnuts - 50 gms
- Almonds - 100 gms
- Pistachio and Cashew - 50 gms (total)
- Butter - 50 gms
- Milk - 1/3 cup (I used less than this)
- Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 TBSP
- Dry Roast all the nuts individually for 3-4 mins each. Cool and powder separately. I let it be a lil chunky so they have a bite. Powder the biscuits too separately (I put them in a ziploc and used the rolling pin to crush them)
- Grate Chocolate finely. (I made pieces of the frozen chocolate and blitzed it in the spice grinder in spurts till I got a fine powder).
- On a double boiler, melt the chocolate , milk and butter together for 4-5 mins till you get a glossy ganache kind of mixture. Tip in the sugar and vanilla essence and take it off the flame.
- Now, add the ground nuts one by one and mix slowly till you get a thickish mass. Spread on a greased and lined plate.
- Set aside till room temperature. Mark the pieces out with a greased knife.
- Set in the refirigerator for 45 mins - 1 hour (this wait is killing, but totally worth it - dont rush this stage).
- Once the pieces begin to peel away, cut out pieces and serve immediately.
- Keeps under refrigeration for upto 1 week - 10 days.