Sending this to:
- My event - Global Food Fest - a 100 day celebration of world cuisine and Flavours of China
- Radhika's Winter Food Carnival
- Kavi's HCC, event by Smitha
- The soup goes to Srivalli's Soups and Salads
Prep time : 15 mins. Cooking time : 10 - 20 mins. Serves :2
Instant Noodles :
- Maggi Instant Noodles - 1 packet
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Green peas - frozen
- Tomatoes - 4 large
- Carrots - 1/2 large - juilenned
- Vegetable Stock - 1.5 cups
- Spring Onion - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Onions - 1 large (diced fine)
- Ginger / garlic grated - 1 tsp
- baby mushrooms - 2 or 4 chopped (opt.)
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Olive oil - 1 TBSP
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Schezwan paste - 1/2 tsp
- White pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Boil peas with a pinch of salt. If using frozen, thaw them in boiling water for 10 mins with a pinch of salt. Prepare the Maggi Noodles according to pack instructions. Add in the boiled peas, garam masala and saute for few mintues till done.
Serve with Schezwan Tom yum Soup (recipe below)
Schezwan Tom yum Soup:
1) Blanch tomatoes in hot water for 5 - 10 mins. Cool, peel and puree into thick paste. Strain and keep ready.
2) In a large wok, add olive oil. Saute ginger and garlic. Add half of the spring onions, schezwan paste, mushrooms and saute well. Add onions, carrot juilennes and saute again. Adjust salt and add the strained tomato puree, vegetable stock and cook covered for 8 - 10 mins till carrots are 95% done.
3) Check for salt. Add 1 tsp of sugar if desired and the white pepper powder, lemon juice and mix well.
4) Garnish with the rest of the spring onions and serve hot with Peas Noodles (recipe on top)