Lets get on to the recipe, shall we ?
Prep time : 10 mins. Cooking time : 15 mins, Serves : 3
- Sevai / Semiya / Vermicilli - 1 cup (I used pre-roasted variety)
- Chopped onions - 1 large
- Oil - 1 TBSP
- Veggies : Capsicum, cabbage, peas, beans, carrots (or a combo) - 1 cup
- Tomatoes - 1 large (diced)
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a dash
- Tempering : Mustard seeds, Urad Dal, curry leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves
1) in a large pot, boil 3 cups of water. When it comes to a rolling boil, add the vermicilli and a pinch of salt and cook covered for 5 - 8 mins till done. If using non-roasted vermicilli, fry the same in a tsp of oil and then add to the boiling water. Drain and retain the water.
2) To the same hot water now, add all the washed and chopped veggies except onions, tomatoes and bell peppers. Cook till al dente for 7- 8 mins.
4) Now to the pan, add the boiled veggies and vermicilli and stir well till the masala is coated all over.
5) Remove from the heat and add lemon juice and grated coconut (optional) and serve hot with tomato onion chutney / coconut chutney or just plain curd.