Prep time : 20 mins. Cooking time : 20 mins. Chilling time : 45 - 60 mins. Serves : 4
- Milk ( low fat) - 500 ml
- Condensed milk - 6 TBSP - 8 TBSP (adjust to taste)
- Sugar - 4 tsp (optional)
- Diced mixed fruits - 2 cups (I used apple,pineapple, pears, papaya)
- Fresh cream - 3 TBSP
- Vanilla Essence - 2 drops (opt.)
- Custard powder - 2 TBSP
With vanilla / butterscotch ice cream
1) In a bowl, mix the custard powder with 2 TBSP of milk into a slurry mixture.
2) Heat 500 ml of milk in a deep bottomed pan and add the custard mix to it. Boil on simmer for 5 - 9 mins till the custard thickens to required consistency.
3) Take off from fire and add sugar, condensed milk and mix well. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Chill for 30 mins.
4) Remove after 30 mins. Add the fresh cream, fruits to the custard mix and blend well. Chill again for an hour and whisk once before serving.
5) Serve chilled with a topping of vanilla ice cream and a cream wafer for any party.