This is a wonderful curry even for lunchboxes for kids too, and am sure kids would love the spicy combo of the veggies. Sending this to my own event - Healthy Lunchbox Ideas (Carrots) and Radhika's Sabjis for Rotis. Let's move to the dish, shall we ...
Prep time : 10 mins. Prep time : 10 mins . Serves : 3
- Capsicum - 200 gms
- Potatoes - 150 gms
- Carrots - 150 gms
- Onions - 1 (opt.) - I did not add them
- Oil - 1 TBSP
- Seasoning : Mustard, Curry leaves, Turmeric (1/2 tsp), Asafoetida (1/4 tsp)
- Salt - to taste
- Vangibhath Powder / Curry powder - 1 TBSP
- Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery grated - 1/2 tsp (opt.)
- Grated dry copra / coconut - 1 tsp (opt.)
1) Clean and cut veggies. Cut into 2 inch long batons. I used potatoes with skin on, but you may peel them if preferred.
2) In a skillet, heat oil. Splutter the mustard and other seasoning ingredients.
3) Fry onions if using. Let them turn translucent
4) Then add veggies and fry well. Add salt and sprinkle 3 - 4 tsp of water. Cover and cook till veggies are done, but not mushy - about 5 -9 mins. Take care not to burn the veggies.
5) Uncover. Add Vangibhath powder (or curry powder), jaggery, amchur and mix well.
6) Add grated coconut and serve hot with Rotis / Rice. Goes superbly well with curd rice too :-)
Other dry sabjis that you could check out are: