It has been wonderful to receive a cartload of Indian sweets from across the globe. Truly proves that the repertoire of Indian Sweets is expansive and popular..
I have divided this round up into two parts and shall be publishing them in tandem. I have included ALL the entries that were posted with a backlink to this announcement, which was mandatory. Do feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com in case your entry has gone inadvertently gone awry . I shall update the same asap. In case you have sent your entries, but have not linked it back, please do so to be included in the 2nd part of this round up !
Thanks again, and hope you enjoy this one-stop shop Indian Mithai Mela for the festive season ahead :)
Am sure you would also participate more enthusiastically in my ongoing event - Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Carrots - ending 31st Aug. Do watch this space for some more exciting events coming your way !!
Arranged in order of receipt, we have - for Part 1 of the round up !
- Sukanya from Saffron streaks has sent in a whopping 9 entries : gulab jamun , Bread rasmalai , gajar ka halwa, Rasgulla , Mango kheer , Malpua and rabdi , Doodhi halwa / gourd pudding, Rasgulle ki kheer & Mango sandesh
- Vardhini celebrates her 100th blog post with this awesome mysore Pak and also sends in Pal Payasam - a south Indian treat
- Najla has sent in these all time favourites - Gajar Halwa, Strawberry Shrikhand and Chocolate Gulab Jamun with fried Ice cream ... slurpy !!
- Santosh has unusual delicacies delivered to this event - Raw Papaya Burfi, Mango Cake with a twist, Cornflour Halwa
- Priya Sreeram's Choco Rose Jamun is bound to be a hit at any party
- Veena Aravind's Shakkar Para is an all time favourite in most households
- Nupur's Apricot n Dates Laddoo is a must have for all those with a sweet tooth
- Radhika's Pineapple Kesari is sure to tantalise your senses with its gooey sweetness from the fruit
- Neha's Atte ka halwa is sure a foodie's delight while keeping it healthy with Whole wheat flour
- Aarthi kicks off her new blog on a sweet note with this delectable Badam Halwa
- Jayashree's Rava Besan laddu is another twist to the usual Besan laddu or Rava Laddu - the combo looks heavenly.
- Nirmala's Dry fruit Poli is another twist to the usual Poli - looks very healthy too :)
- Divya's entry Tirunelveli Boli was wonderful as was authentic too
- Santosh Bangar has sent in another of my personal favourite - Jhatpat Moong Dal Halwa
- Kaveri has sent this delectable Kheera / Paneer Kheer
- Jyoti's Amrakhand / Mango Shrikhand is a must try during the Mango Mania during summer
- Anu has sent in this deliciously healthy Date and Nut Rounds along with telling us the nutritious importance of dates
- R & R of Tadka pasta have this devilishly intriguing Fudge Brownie for us
- Sudha's entry - Jackfruit halwa had me definitely drooling
- Deeksha's Carrot burfi is loaded with beta carotene and I am all game to make this soon !
- All of Gayatri's entries - Kurs , Khus Khus Jo Seero and Tosha were eclectic, new and very innovative
- From my own kitchen, comes these 8 delicacies :
Thanks for being part of Indian Mithai Mela :)
Watch this space for Part 2 of this round up !