Lets get on with the recipe, shall we ? Sending this to Day 3 of Blogging Marathon as well as Radhika's Scrumptious breakfasts event and Srav's event on Appetisers.
Check out my friends from BM here.
Prep time : 10 mins. Cooking time : 20 mins. Makes : 8 - 10 medium sized cubes.
- Gram flour / Besan - 1 cup
- Semolina / Suji - 2 tsp
- Eno salt - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
3) Place the thali on a stand in the pressure cooker with adequate but not more water and heat the water.
4) Now add eno to the batter and mix it well.
5) Pour the batter immediately to the greased plate
6) Cover and steam on high flame without whistle for 13 - 17 mins till done
7) Cool and cut into desired shapes.
8) Mix sugar in 1/2 tsp of water till it dissolves. Apply this solution on the top of the cut pieces and garnish with coriander.
Optional topping : Temper with mustard seeds + curry leaves + asafoetida. Add grated coconut for garnish